Thursday, January 12, 2012

A is for Athame

By definition, the Athame is a double edged bladed knife with a black or dark handle, which is used for directing energy during Wiccan rituals and/or spells.  It is also not to be used for cutting.

The Athame can be of any size you would like it to be and can be as plain or ornate as you might like it to be.  My first one was quite small with a wooden handle.  The whole thing was maybe 5 inches in length.  But my current Athame is much larger and a bit more ornate.  I found it by chance.  My husband and I had gone to Ren Faire one summer, and in one of the booths, there it was.  I loved it instantly, and knew I had to have it!!




Still getting my feet wet in the blogging pool.  Next week I will try to dig deeper into my postings!

Have a Blessed week everyone!

2 comments: